When the world’s leading design event takes place in Milan on 12-17 April, with an expected turnout of more than 300,000 visitors, the Danish Arts Foundation presents new Danish design and craft in the exhibition MINDCRAFT16.
In 2016, the Committee for Crafts and Design Project Funding under the Danish Arts Foundation once again gives a large international design audience an opportunity to explore the latest in Danish craft and design. This year’s participants have now been selected, and the setting for MINDCRAFT16 is the historical Circolo Filologico Milanese in Milan’s city centre.
The Danish designers and craftspeople for this year’s instalment of MINDCRAFT were selected by the Danish-Italian design duo GamFratesi. GamFratesi also acted as curators and exhibition designers in 2015, when MINDCRAFT was presented on a 500-square-metre mirror floor in a Milanese cloister. The 2015 exhibition received a Milano Design Award and a German Design Award.
The selected designers and makers involved in MINDCRAFT16 range from young talents to more established names working in a wide range of categories, from furniture design, textile design, ceramics and hollowware to fashion and visual design. All the participants will present entirely new works. This year’s participants are:
1. benandsebastian benandsebastian.com
2. Anne Dorthe Vester and Maria Bruun annedorthevester.com / mariabruun.com
3. Christina Schou Christensen christinaschouchristensen.dk
4. Rosa Tolnov Clausen rosatolnovclausen.com
5. Freya Dalsjø freyadalsjo.com
6. Dark Matters darkmatters.dk
7. Yuki Ferdinandsen arare.dk
8. Halstrøm-Odgaard halstrom-odgaard.com
9. Ole Jensen olejensendesign.com
10. Irv Johnson irvjohnsonmusic.com
11. Marianne Krumbach mariannekrumbach.dk
12. Akiko Kuwahata akikokenmade.dk
13. Cecilie Manz ceciliemanz.com
14. Nicholas Nybro nicholasnybro.dk
15. Vibeke Fonnesberg Schmidt vibekefonnesbergschmidt.dk
16. Øjvind Slaatto slaatto.dk
17. Henrik Vibskov henrikvibskov.com
Since 2008, MINDCRAFT has provided an important platform for the exposure of Danish crafts and design on the world’s leading design scene during the annual design week in Milan. MINDCRAFT is the property of the Committee for Crafts and Design Project Funding under the Danish Arts Foundation. The exhibitions are organized by the Agency for Culture and Palaces.
Dates and location
12 – 17 April 2016
Circolo Filologico Milanese
Via Clerici 10
Press inquiries and additional information
Kristian Kastoft, Senior Advisor at the Agency for Culture and Palaces, +45 3374 5541, firstname.lastname@example.org